By: House of Bamboo
Sydney New South Wales
You once had a wonderfully private property. That is until…
– Trees have been cut down – now no privacy
– Your neighbours are renovating / building a new home
– The new build is intrusive
– A new development has just started to be built – it’s towering over your property
– You actually had a great view but have neighbour problems and don’t get on
– Need to block them out!
A client came to us wanting a large screen to hide the building next door from their pool. As their children were in their teens now, privacy was also a big concern.
The problem is twofold
1. Firstly the size of the screen would need to be so large that it would look very overwhelming and require major construction to withstand the wind loadings.
2. Also there are council regulations that restrict heights.
The size of the building next door meant the privacy screen would need to be at least 5m in height which meant it would be very overwhelming but also the structure would need to be extremely strong to withstand wind loads etc.
The site was extremely difficult to work with because of the difficult access and narrow space, plus obstructive piping meant there was not much room for footings.
Privacy and shading solution:
To provide a tilted privacy screen so it acted like a shade structure that needed minimal construction based on its design.
Natureshade® was the perfect solution… Not only did it disguise the building next door and prevent people having a direct view of the pool, but it also provided much needed shade in the hot afternoon sun so the pool could be used the entire summer.
You’ll notice from the images above that we also clad the existing fence in our natural bamboo rod screens, adding to the relaxed resort look as well as being pool compliant.
Find out more about House of Bamboo
by visiting their website:
This article was first published in The Fence magazine.