Wilbertree Road Project by PH Fencing in Mudgee, NSW.
PH Fencing gave Australian Fencing Awards some key information on their Wilbertree Road Project.
Challenges involved in the project
- The challenge was three fold on this job.
- Addressing underground rock while driving strainer posts and digging holes for stays was the first.
- The second one was more internal. Paul challenged himself to build a fencing trailer that could cope with running out the required 3 barbs in one run and could accommodate two spinners for the remaining 4 wires required.
- A small workforce of just Paul and Trish (part time) has been the driving factor behind making what we do as efficient as possible. The third challenge was the weather… #$%^ cold, windy and just plain miserable for 4 of the 5 days!
Products used on the project
- Waratah wire & star posts was used for this job.
- We used their Black 165cm Star Posts, Long Life Blue 2mm Barb and Long Life Blue Tyeasy High Tension Plain wire along the fence line.
- We used 100nb Gal 2.4m Pipe with Caps for strainers and intermediates and 40nb gal Med Wall 3.6m pipe for stays welded to a 800mm section of 100nb section with cap as a staypipe.
- 2.5mm Long life Tie wire was cut into 240mm sections to tie on the barb.
Outcome of the project
- We erected 940 metres of 3 barb & 4 plain wire fence including 10 posts and 2 stays in 5 days ( Trish only working two of those days).
- The new fencing trailer Paul built worked a treat and made the hard yards easier.
- The fence looked awesome, straight and practical and made to last.
This project by PH Fencing has been nominated in the Australian FENCING Awards 2021.